Here's an ideal recipe for gathering family and friends around the table over the festive season. It's a modified version of the traditional recipe, so it's low in calories and rich in flavour!
Cals: 200; fat:7g; Sat Fat: 4g; Carbs: 26g; Protein: 7g; Sugar: 17g; Fiber: 1g; Sodium: 132mg
You will need:
28g of desiccated coconut
6 slices of wholemeal bread
30g light margarine
2 medium eggs
300ml semi-skimmed milk
1) Spread all 6 slices of bread with margarine and then cut them into small squares of about 2 inches long each.
2) Line a deep dish with half of the bread squares, and scatter on the sultanas. Follow this with the rest of the bread squares.
3) Top with desiccated coconut.
4) In a jug, beat the eggs and add in the milk and stir well. Pour this over the whole pudding.
5) Bake in the centre of the oven on gas mark 6 for about 40 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
6) Serve either on it's own or with a scoop of ice cream or spoon of yoghurt. A compote consisting of pretty much any red fruit also works especially well with this!